Saturday, May 16, 2009

I will boast... cause I'm cool, y'a know.

My Dad bought a new CD from the Christian Book and Music store and he is always kind enough to let me have a listen, there were a few songs that I had not heard before and one of them really got me thinking.  It's called "I Will Boast" and on the CD it is performed by Phillips, Craig and Dean but while looking up the lyrics, I found that it was by Paul Baloche...  Anyway, first here are the lyrics:

I will boast
Paul Baloche
(click here for a video of the song)

Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom
Or the strong man boast in his strength
Let not the rich man boast in his riches
But let the hum- ble come and give thanks
To the One who made us, the One who saved us

CHORUS
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy, He's wor- thy

Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom
Or the strong man boast in his strength
Let not the rich man boast in his rich- es
But let the hum- ble come and give thanks
To the One who made us, the One who saved us

CHORUS
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
I will boast in the Lord my God
(1st ending)
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
(Repeat Chorus)
(2nd ending)
I will boast in the One Who's worthy, He's worthy

INSTRUMENTAL

BRIDGE

I will make my boast in Christ alone
I will make my boast in Christ alone
(Repeat twice)

CHORUS
I will boast in the Lord my God
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
I will boast in the Lord my God
(1st & 2nd ending)
I will boast in the One Who's worthy
(Repeat Chorus)
(3rd ending)
I will boast in the One Who's worthy, He's worthy
He's wor- thy

I started to write this whole big thing about boasting, and acknowledging God, and the spirit in which we do things... It was at least 3 or 4 paragraphs when I realized... That was not really what God wanted me to say.  It felt wrong somehow... It wasn't flowing...  And then I realized, I really only have to say one thing.

Thank You Jesus.

From Jesus' sacrifice for us on the cross, to God bestowing on us the gifts we require I have been fully and wholly blessed.  My life is a journey with all the ups and downs, but I will say it has been mostly ups.  I have been gifted with a loving family, a fantastic husband, a few good friends, a lot of awesome people, and a selection of talents and gifts to get me through.  All of this I would not have but for Jesus.  All of this I would not appreciate as wholly if not for God.  On my journey of faith I have learned how amazing each day is.  That the Lord works in ways so innocuous we hardly notice His direction.  And that I do not praise Him near enough for all I have been given.

So I will be one of the humble.  I will come and give thanks to the one who made me, who saved me, the one who is worthy of all thanks and praise.  I will boast not of myself alone, but of myself as a vessel of  the One God.  I will boast of Christ.  I do not do this by standing on a rooftop and screaming my faith to those below.  I do this by living each day as a follower of Christ.  I do this by struggling to be my best self and centering my life in faith.  I do this by thanking God  for the gifts I have been given, and using them for His glory.

I do not use the word struggle without cause, for I am still early on this journey of faith, and it is a struggle at times to keep Christ at my center.  But it is by this struggle that we move forward on our journey.  So I listen to songs like "I Will Boast"  that keep me thinking and keep me focused.  That remind me.

Thank You Jesus.
Good night.

P.S. Check out my Dad's blogs: Chris' Musings and Christian Life and Work he's pretty cool and you can check out the song he's posted. :)

No comments: